A scientifically formulated product containing MCT Oils i.e. Medium Chain Triglycerides of known energy benefits added with both forms of Co-enzyme 91 0 (Ubiquinol Acetate + Ubiquinone)
Power production for all greyhounds is of paramount importance to achieve the required competition results. However, for a power product to be proficient for all the wide range of racing and training activities, it must contain molecules that are available on demand for both short-term and long-term events.
Oral natural supplements containing membrane phospholipids, CoQ10 and other nutrients help restore mitochondrial function and reduce intractable fatigue. However, the efficient absorption of oral Co-Enzyme Q10 is not easy, being a large molecule and hydrophobic (dislikes water). To overcome this problem use is made of certain molecules that cage the Co Q10, plus Natural Vitamin E (a fat-soluble vitamin), triglycerides and marine derived Omega-3 maximising absorption by different biochemical mechanisms.
Coenzyme Q10 also comes in two major forms Ubiquinone, the conventional form, is oxidized and can be harder for the body to convert to the active non-oxidized form, Ubiquinol. This latter form is more bioavailable as an oral supplement, more easily absorbed, hence the inclusion of both forms in this product to maximise ATP production and power availability.
That power source is crucial, the latest scientific research showing that Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) up-regulate the expression and protein levels of genes involved in mitochondrial biogenesis and metabolism-enhancing exercise endurance (i.e. the process by which cells increase their mitochondrial mass and ATP).
MCTs are an energy source in their own right, being small molecular weight molecules providing a simpler and more rapid metabolic pathways and energy benefits. Unlike longer-chain fatty acids, MCTs go straight to the liver. There they can be used as an instant energy source or turned into ketones; substances produced when the liver breaks down large amounts of fat.
Studies have shown that saturated fatty acids give the following effects in greyhounds:
- Increased muscle glycogen content
- Increased sparing of muscle glycogen during light work
- Increased utilization of muscle glycogen during heavy work
As an antioxidant, CoQ10 also protects the cells in the body by neutralizing free radicals, which reduces oxidative stress in the body. Oxidative stress can cause tissue damage, inflammation or cell death.
CoQ10 plays a significant role in boosting the immune system as tissues and cells involved with immune function are highly energy-dependent and therefore require an adequate supply of CoQ10 for optimal function.
MCT OIL i.e. MEDIUM CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES
- Provides rapidly available Energy provision
- An additional boost to stamina
- Utilised as an energy fuel rather then glucose, so, reduces lactate build up and sustains performance.
- Helps preserve Insulin sensitivity.
- Aids in sparing muscle glycogen reserves.
- The primary co-factor molecule in the synthesis of ATP molecules (every cells energy source) in the Mitochondria by relaying electrons.
- It is the main energy exchange for muscle cells
- Ubiquinone, the oxidized form of CoQ10 must be reduced to Ubiquinol to exert CoQ10’s functions after ingestion. Hence our inclusion of both forms.
- Potent lipid (fats & Oils) antioxidant preventing free radical generation and modifications to proteins and DNA and improves the anti-oxidant potential of other anti-oxidants including vitamin E
- A deficiency of coenzyme Q10 leads to the dysfunction of the respiratory chain.
- CoQ10 improves energy and augments the immune system.
- May be useful to lower GGT.
- Highest levels found in the heart, Kidney & liver
- JET XL contains “enabling Molecules” to maximise the absorption and utilisation of these large molecules.
Marine Omega-3: known advantageous properties in relation to greyhounds
Natural Vitamin E: Immune benefits, healthy muscle functions and anti-oxidant for lipids (fats)
“B” Vitamins: Releasing energy from food, and essential for many metabolic pathways
Beta-Alanine: For improving athletic performance and exercise capacity by acting as a buffer against acidification, Maintain and/or regain suppleness, gain lean muscle mass.
Black pepper: Increasing absorption rate of other nutrients by inhibiting enzymes that attack nutrient molecules and thermogenesis